Hammer Beam Roof #3 File:Hammerbeam Roof, Stirling Castle.jpg
Hammerham•mer (ham′ər),USA pronunciation n.
- a tool consisting of a solid head, usually of metal, set crosswise on a handle, used for beating metals, driving nails, etc.
- any of various instruments or devices resembling this in form, action, or use, as a gavel, a mallet for playing the xylophone, or a lever that strikes the bell in a doorbell.
- [Firearms.]the part of a lock that by its fall or action causes the discharge, as by exploding the percussion cap or striking the primer or firing pin;
- one of the padded levers by which the strings of a piano are struck.
- [Track.]a metal ball, usually weighing 16 lb. (7.3 kg), attached to a steel wire at the end of which is a grip, for throwing for distance in the hammer throw.
- the malleus.
- under the hammer, for sale at public auction: The old estate and all its furnishings went under the hammer.
- to beat or drive (a nail, peg, etc.) with a hammer.
- to fasten by using hammer and nails;
nail (often fol. by down, up, etc.): We spent the day hammering up announcements on fences and trees.
- to assemble or build with a hammer and nails (often fol. by together): He hammered together a small crate.
- to shape or ornament (metal or a metal object) by controlled and repeated blows of a hammer;
beat out: to hammer brass; to hammer a brass bowl.
- to form, construct, or make with or as if with a hammer;
build by repeated, vigorous, or strenuous effort (often fol. by out or together): to hammer out an agreement; to hammer together a plot.
- to produce with or by force (often fol. by out): to hammer out a tune on the piano; to hammer a home run.
- to pound or hit forcefully: to hammer someone in the jaw.
- to settle (a strong disagreement, argument, etc.);
bring to an end, as by strenuous or repeated effort (usually fol. by out): They hammered out their differences over a glass of beer.
- to present (points in an argument, an idea, etc.) forcefully or compellingly;
state strongly, aggressively, and effectively (often fol. by home).
- to impress (something) as if by hammer blows: You'll have to hammer the rules into his head.
- (in the London stock exchange) to dismiss (a person) from membership because of default.
- to depress the price of (a stock).
- to strike blows with or as if with a hammer.
- to make persistent or laborious attempts to finish or perfect something (sometimes fol. by away): He hammered away at his speech for days.
- to reiterate;
emphasize by repetition (often fol. by away): The teacher hammered away at the multiplication tables.
Beambeam (bēm),USA pronunciation n.
- any of various relatively long pieces of metal, wood, stone, etc., manufactured or shaped esp. for use as rigid members or parts of structures or machines.
- [Building Trades.]a horizontal bearing member, as a joist or lintel.
- [Engineering.]a rigid member or structure supported at each end, subject to bending stresses from a direction perpendicular to its length.
- a horizontal structural member, usually transverse, for supporting the decks and flats of a vessel.
- the extreme width of a vessel.
- the shank of an anchor.
- [Aeron.]the direction perpendicular to the plane of symmetry of an aircraft and outward from the side.
- the widest part.
- [Slang.]the measure across both hips or buttocks: broad in the beam.
- See walking beam.
- (in a loom) a roller or cylinder on which the warp is wound before weaving.
- a similar cylinder on which cloth is wound as it is woven.
- the crossbar of a balance, from the ends of which the scales or pans are suspended.
- a ray of light: The sun shed its beams upon the vineyard.
- a group of nearly parallel rays.
- [Radio, Aeron.]a signal transmitted along a narrow course, used to guide pilots through darkness, bad weather, etc.
- [Electronics.]a narrow stream of electrons, as that emitted from the electron gun of a cathode ray tube.
- the angle at which a microphone or loudspeaker functions best.
- the cone-shaped range of effective use of a microphone or loudspeaker.
- [CB Radio Slang.]See beam antenna.
- a gleam;
suggestion: a beam of hope.
- a radiant smile.
- the principal stem of the antler of a deer.
- fly the beam, [Radio, Aeron.](of an aircraft) to be guided by a beam.
- off the beam:
- not on the course indicated by a radio beam.
incorrect: The pollsters were off the beam again for the last presidential election.
- on the beam:
- on the course indicated by a radio beam, as an airplane.
- [Naut.]at right angles to the keel.
- [Informal.]proceeding well;
exact: Their research is right on the beam and the results should be very valuable.
- to emit in or as in beams or rays.
- [Radio.]to transmit (a signal) in a particular direction.
- to direct (a program, commercial message, etc.) to a predetermined audience.
- to emit beams, as of light.
- to smile radiantly or happily.
- beam in, [CB Radio Slang.]to be received under optimum conditions;
be heard loud and clear: They told me I was really beaming in.
Roofroof (ro̅o̅f, rŏŏf ),USA pronunciation n., pl. roofs, v.
- the external upper covering of a house or other building.
- a frame for supporting this: an open-timbered roof.
- the highest part or summit: The Himalayas are the roof of the world.
- something that in form or position resembles the roof of a house, as the top of a car, the upper part of the mouth, etc.
- a house.
- the rock immediately above a horizontal mineral deposit.
- go through the roof:
- to increase beyond all expectations: Foreign travel may very well go through the roof next year.
- Also, hit the roof, [Informal.]to lose one's temper;
become extremely angry.
- raise the roof, [Informal.]
- to create a loud noise: The applause raised the roof.
- to complain or protest noisily: He'll raise the roof when he sees that bill.
- to provide or cover with a roof.
Hi there, this image is about Hammer Beam Roof #3 File:Hammerbeam Roof, Stirling Castle.jpg. This image is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this picture is 710 x 965. This photo's file size is just 171 KB. If You ought to download This photo to Your computer, you may Click here. You could too see more pictures by clicking the photo below or see more at this article: Hammer Beam Roof.
a distinct environment while in the home tones of white and Hammer Beam Roof #3 File:Hammerbeam Roof, Stirling Castle.jpg seem to provide an impression. Used on the inner wall of the stove (cooking area) to produce oil splashes simple to clear. Home using a layout that is common is to apply home backsplash tile with a kite appearance result is given by floral and beige decorations to the brown coloring in some components. Shades-of white is actually a favorite in designing a kitchen. Therefore is applied while in the kitchen below.
When the normal hardwood Hammer Beam Roof below using organic rock utilizing a ceramic substance, then the kitchen formed about the wall-in your cooking like tile / stove. Your kitchen is always to supply effect and shiny hues having a home freezer storage and yellow. Aspects of lamp light while in the kitchen generating seductive environment of the kitchen and inviting!
Home cupboard white coloring integrates with all the backsplash tile white and rather inexperienced having a floral pattern. Utilizing your kitchen tile on the kitchen sink with ceramic design that was blue patterned ethnic make room home buddy be more great. Kitchens are following somewhat different.