After Using The Seats For A Good Amount Of Time, They Are Beyond Comfortable Being A Bucket Seat. They Do Sit Lower But That Is Expected And They Hold You . (ordinary Comfortable Bucket Seats Nice Look #8)
12 pictures of After Using The Seats For A Good Amount Of Time, They Are Beyond Comfortable Being A Bucket Seat. They Do Sit Lower But That Is Expected And They Hold You . (ordinary Comfortable Bucket Seats Nice Look #8)
Afteraf•ter (af′tər, äf′-),USA pronunciation prep.
- behind in place or position;
following behind: men lining up one after the other.
- later in time than;
in succession to;
at the close of: Tell me after supper. Day after day he came to work late.
- subsequent to and in consequence of: After what has happened, I can never return.
- below in rank or excellence;
nearest to: Milton is usually placed after Shakespeare among English poets.
- in imitation of or in imitation of the style of: to make something after a model; fashioned after Raphael.
- in pursuit or search of;
with or in desire for: I'm after a better job. Run after him!
about: to inquire after a person.
- with the name of;
for: He was named after his uncle.
- in proportion to;
in accordance with: He was a man after the hopes and expectations of his father.
- according to the nature of;
in conformity with;
in agreement or unison with: He was a man after my own heart. He swore after the manner of his faith.
- subsequent to and notwithstanding;
in spite of: After all their troubles, they still manage to be optimistic.
- after all, despite what has occurred or been assumed previously;
nevertheless: I've discovered I can attend the meeting after all.
in the rear: Jill came tumbling after.
- later in time;
afterward: three hours after; happily ever after.
- later in time;
succeeding: In after years we never heard from him.
- [Naut., Aeron.]
- farther aft.
- located closest to the stern or tail;
aftermost: after hold; after mast.
- including the stern or tail: the after part of a hull.
- subsequent to the time that: after the boys left.
- afters, the final course of a meal, as pudding, ice cream, or the like;
Thethe1 (stressed ᵺē; unstressed before a consonant ᵺə;
unstressed before a vowel ᵺē),USA pronunciation definite article.
- (used, esp. before a noun, with a specifying or particularizing effect, as opposed to the indefinite or generalizing force of the indefinite article a or an): the book you gave me; Come into the house.
- (used to mark a proper noun, natural phenomenon, ship, building, time, point of the compass, branch of endeavor, or field of study as something well-known or unique):the sun;
the past; the West.
- (used with or as part of a title): the Duke of Wellington; the Reverend John Smith.
- (used to mark a noun as indicating the best-known, most approved, most important, most satisfying, etc.): the skiing center of the U.S.; If you're going to work hard, now is the time.
- (used to mark a noun as being used generically): The dog is a quadruped.
- (used in place of a possessive pronoun, to note a part of the body or a personal belonging): He won't be able to play football until the leg mends.
- (used before adjectives that are used substantively, to note an individual, a class or number of individuals, or an abstract idea): to visit the sick; from the sublime to the ridiculous.
- (used before a modifying adjective to specify or limit its modifying effect): He took the wrong road and drove miles out of his way.
- (used to indicate one particular decade of a lifetime or of a century): the sixties; the gay nineties.
- (one of many of a class or type, as of a manufactured item, as opposed to an individual one): Did you listen to the radio last night?
- enough: He saved until he had the money for a new car. She didn't have the courage to leave.
- (used distributively, to note any one separately) for, to, or in each;
a or an: at one dollar the pound.
Seatsseat (sēt),USA pronunciation n.
- something designed to support a person in a sitting position, as a chair, bench, or pew;
a place on or in which one sits.
- the part of a chair, sofa, or the like, on which one sits.
- the part of the body on which one sits;
- the part of the garment covering it: the seat of one's pants.
- a manner of or posture used in sitting, as on a horse.
- something on which the base of an object rests.
- the base itself.
- a place in which something belongs, occurs, or is established;
- a place in which administrative power or the like is centered: the seat of the government.
- a part of the body considered as the place in which an emotion or function is centered: The heart is the seat of passion.
- the office or authority of a king, bishop, etc.: the episcopal seat.
- a space in which a spectator or patron may sit;
accommodation for sitting, as in a theater or stadium.
- right of admittance to such a space, esp. as indicated by a ticket.
- a right to sit as a member in a legislative or similar body: to hold a seat in the senate.
- a right to the privileges of membership in a stock exchange or the like.
- by the seat of one's pants, using experience, instinct, or guesswork.
- to place on a seat or seats;
cause to sit down.
- to usher to a seat or find a seat for: to be seated in the front row.
- to have seats for;
accommodate with seats: a theater that seats 1200 people.
- to put a seat on or into (a chair, garment, etc.).
- to install in a position or office of authority, in a legislative body, etc.
- to fit (a valve) with a seat.
- to attach to or place firmly in or on something as a base: Seat the telescope on the tripod.
- (of a cap, valve, etc.) to be closed or in proper position: Be sure that the cap of the dipstick seats.
Forfor (fôr; unstressed fər),USA pronunciation prep.
- with the object or purpose of: to run for exercise.
- intended to belong to, or be used in connection with: equipment for the army; a closet for dishes.
- suiting the purposes or needs of: medicine for the aged.
- in order to obtain, gain, or acquire: a suit for alimony; to work for wages.
- (used to express a wish, as of something to be experienced or obtained): O, for a cold drink!
- sensitive or responsive to: an eye for beauty.
- desirous of: a longing for something; a taste for fancy clothes.
- in consideration or payment of;
in return for: three for a dollar; to be thanked for one's efforts.
- appropriate or adapted to: a subject for speculation; clothes for winter.
- with regard or respect to: pressed for time; too warm for April.
- during the continuance of: for a long time.
- in favor of;
on the side of: to be for honest government.
- in place of;
instead of: a substitute for butter.
- in the interest of;
on behalf of: to act for a client.
- in exchange for;
as an offset to: blow for blow; money for goods.
- in punishment of: payment for the crime.
- in honor of: to give a dinner for a person.
- with the purpose of reaching: to start for London.
- contributive to: for the advantage of everybody.
- in order to save: to flee for one's life.
- in order to become: to train recruits for soldiers.
- in assignment or attribution to: an appointment for the afternoon; That's for you to decide.
- such as to allow of or to require: too many for separate mention.
- such as results in: his reason for going.
- as affecting the interests or circumstances of: bad for one's health.
- in proportion or with reference to: He is tall for his age.
- in the character of;
as being: to know a thing for a fact.
- by reason of;
because of: to shout for joy; a city famed for its beauty.
- in spite of: He's a decent guy for all that.
- to the extent or amount of: to walk for a mile.
- (used to introduce a subject in an infinitive phrase): It's time for me to go.
- (used to indicate the number of successes out of a specified number of attempts): The batter was 2 for 4 in the game.
- for it, See in (def. 21).
- seeing that;
Goodgood (gŏŏd),USA pronunciation adj., bet•ter, best, n., interj., adv.
- morally excellent;
pious: a good man.
- satisfactory in quality, quantity, or degree: a good teacher; good health.
- of high quality;
fit: It is good that you are here. His credentials are good.
- well-behaved: a good child.
- kind, beneficent, or friendly: to do a good deed.
- honorable or worthy;
in good standing: a good name.
- educated and refined: She has a good background.
- financially sound or safe: His credit is good.
not counterfeit: a good quarter.
- sound or valid: good judgment; good reasons.
responsible: good advice.
beneficial: Fresh fruit is good for you.
- in excellent condition;
healthy: good teeth.
- not spoiled or tainted;
palatable: The meat was still good after three months in the freezer.
propitious: good news.
amiable: in good spirits.
- free of distress or pain;
comfortable: to feel good after surgery.
pleasant: Have a good time.
handsome: She has a good figure.
- (of the complexion) smooth;
free from blemish.
- close or intimate;
warm: She's a good friend of mine.
- sufficient or ample: a good supply.
satisfactory for the purpose: a good day for fishing.
- competent or skillful;
clever: a good manager; good at arithmetic.
- skillfully or expertly done: a really good job; a good play.
- conforming to rules of grammar, usage, etc.;
correct: good English.
- socially proper: good manners.
- remaining available to one: Don't throw good money after bad.
- comparatively new or of relatively fine quality: Don't play in the mud in your good clothes.
- best or most dressy: He wore his good suit to the office today.
- full: a good day's journey away.
- fairly large or great: a good amount.
- free from precipitation or cloudiness: good weather.
- (of a patient's condition) having stable and normal vital signs, being conscious and comfortable, and having excellent appetite, mobility, etc.
rich: good soil.
- loyal: a good Democrat.
- (of a return or service in tennis, squash, handball, etc.) landing within the limits of a court or section of a court.
- [Horse Racing.](of the surface of a track) drying after a rain so as to be still slightly sticky: This horse runs best on a good track.
- (of meat, esp. beef ) noting or pertaining to the specific grade below "choice,'' containing more lean muscle and less edible fat than "prime'' or "choice.''
- favorably regarded (used as an epithet for a ship, town, etc.): the good shipSyrena.
- as good as. See as 1 (def. 18).
- good for:
- certain to repay (money owed) because of integrity, financial stability, etc.
- the equivalent in value of: Two thousand stamps are good for one coffeepot.
- able to survive or continue functioning for (the length of time or the distance indicated): These tires are good for another 10,000 miles.
- valid or in effect for (the length of time indicated): a license good for one year.
- (used as an expression of approval): Good for you!
- good full, (of a sail or sails) well filled, esp. when sailing close to the wind;
- make good:
- to make recompense for;
- to implement an agreement;
- to be successful.
- to substantiate;
- to carry out;
execute: The convicts made good their getaway.
- no good, without value or merit;
contemptible: The check was no good.
- profit or advantage;
benefit: What good will that do? We shall work for the common good.
- excellence or merit;
kindness: to do good.
- moral righteousness;
virtue: to be a power for good.
- (esp. in the grading of U.S. beef ) an official grade below that of "choice.''
- possessions, esp. movable effects or personal property.
- articles of trade;
merchandise: canned goods.
- what has been promised or is expected: to deliver the goods.
- the genuine article.
- evidence of guilt, as stolen articles: to catch someone with the goods.
- cloth or textile material: top-quality linen goods.
- [Chiefly Brit.]merchandise sent by land, rather than by water or air.
- come to no good, to end in failure or as a failure: Her jealous relatives said that she would come to no good.
- for good, finally and permanently;
forever: to leave the country for good.Also, for good and all.
- the good:
- the ideal of goodness or morality.
- good things or persons collectively.
- to the good:
- generally advantageous: That's all to the good, but what do I get out of it?
- richer in profit or gain: When he withdrew from the partnership, he was several thousand dollars to the good.
- (used as an expression of approval or satisfaction): Good! Now we can all go home.
- good and, very;
exceedingly: This soup is good and hot.
Ofof1 (uv, ov; unstressed əv or, esp. before consonants, ə),USA pronunciation prep.
- (used to indicate distance or direction from, separation, deprivation, etc.): within a mile of the church; south of Omaha; to be robbed of one's money.
- (used to indicate derivation, origin, or source): a man of good family; the plays of Shakespeare; a piece of cake.
- (used to indicate cause, motive, occasion, or reason): to die of hunger.
- (used to indicate material, component parts, substance, or contents): a dress of silk; a book of poems; a package of cheese.
- (used to indicate apposition or identity): Is that idiot of a salesman calling again?
- (used to indicate specific identity or a particular item within a category): the city of Chicago; thoughts of love.
- (used to indicate possession, connection, or association): the king of France; the property of the church.
- (used to indicate inclusion in a number, class, or whole): one of us.
- (used to indicate the objective relation, the object of the action noted by the preceding noun or the application of a verb or adjective): the ringing of bells; He writes her of home; I'm tired of working.
- (used to indicate reference or respect): There is talk of peace.
- (used to indicate qualities or attributes): an ambassador of remarkable tact.
- (used to indicate a specified time): They arrived of an evening.
- [Chiefly Northern U.S.]before the hour of;
until: twenty minutes of five.
- on the part of: It was very mean of you to laugh at me.
- in respect to: fleet of foot.
- set aside for or devoted to: a minute of prayer.
- [Archaic.]by: consumed of worms.
Areare1 (är; unstressed ər),USA pronunciation v.
pres. indic. pl. and 2nd pers. sing. of be.
Beyondbe•yond (bē ond′, bi yond′),USA pronunciation prep.
- on, at, or to the farther side of: Beyond those trees you'll find his house.
- farther on than;
more distant than: beyond the horizon; beyond the sea.
- outside the understanding, limits, or reach of;
past: beyond comprehension; beyond endurance; beyond help.
- superior to;
above: wise beyond all others.
- more than;
in excess of;
over and above: to stay beyond one's welcome.
- farther on or away: as far as the house and beyond.
- the beyond:
- that which is at a great distance.
- Also, the great beyond. the afterlife;
life after death.
Comfortablecom•fort•a•ble (kumf′tə bəl, kum′fər tə bəl),USA pronunciation adj.
- (of clothing, furniture, etc.) producing or affording physical comfort, support, or ease: a comfortable chair; comfortable shoes.
- being in a state of physical or mental comfort;
contented and undisturbed;
at ease: to be comfortable in new shoes; I don't feel comfortable in the same room with her.
- (of a person, situation, etc.) producing mental comfort or ease;
easy to accommodate oneself to or associate with: She's a comfortable person to be with.
- more than adequate or sufficient: a comfortable salary.
com′fort•a•ble•ness, com′fort•a•bil′i•ty, n.
- [Chiefly Northern U.S.]a quilted bedcover;
Bucketbuck•et (buk′it),USA pronunciation n., v., -et•ed, -et•ing.
- a deep, cylindrical vessel, usually of metal, plastic, or wood, with a flat bottom and a semicircular bail, for collecting, carrying, or holding water, sand, fruit, etc.;
- anything resembling or suggesting this.
- any of the scoops attached to or forming the endless chain in certain types of conveyors or elevators.
- the scoop or clamshell of a steam shovel, power shovel, or dredge.
- a vane or blade of a waterwheel, paddle wheel, water turbine, or the like.
- (in a dam) a concave surface at the foot of a spillway for deflecting the downward flow of water.
- a bucketful: a bucket of sand.
- [Informal.]See field goal.
- the part of the keyhole extending from the foul line to the end line.
- See bucket seat.
- [Bowling.]a leave of the two, four, five, and eight pins, or the three, five, six, and nine pins. See illus. under bowling.
- drop in the bucket, a small, usually inadequate amount in relation to what is needed or requested: The grant for research was just a drop in the bucket.
- drop the bucket on, [Australian Slang.]to implicate, incriminate, or expose.
- kick the bucket, [Slang.]to die: His children were greedily waiting for him to kick the bucket.
- to lift, carry, or handle in a bucket (often fol. by up or out).
- [Chiefly Brit.]to ride (a horse) fast and without concern for tiring it.
- to handle (orders, transactions, etc.) in or as if in a bucket shop.
- [Informal.]to move or drive fast;
Dodo1 (do̅o̅;[unstressed]dŏŏ, də),USA pronunciation v. and auxiliary v., pres. sing. 1st pers. do, 2nd do or ([Archaic]) do•est or dost, 3rd does or ([Archaic]) do•eth or doth, pres. pl. do* past sing. 1st pers. did, 2nd did or ([Archaic]) didst, 3rd did, past pl. did;
past part. done;
pres. part. do•ing;
n., pl. dos, do's.
- to perform (an act, duty, role, etc.): Do nothing until you hear the bell.
- to execute (a piece or amount of work): to do a hauling job.
- to accomplish;
complete: He has already done his homework.
- to put forth;
exert: Do your best.
- to be the cause of (good, harm, credit, etc.);
- to render, give, or pay (homage, justice, etc.).
- to deal with, fix, clean, arrange, move, etc., (anything) as the case may require: to do the dishes.
- to travel;
traverse: We did 30 miles today.
- to serve;
suffice for: This will do us for the present.
- to condone or approve, as by custom or practice: That sort of thing simply isn't done.
- to travel at the rate of (a specified speed): He was doing 80 when they arrested him.
- to make or prepare: I'll do the salad.
- to serve (a term of time) in prison, or, sometimes, in office.
- to create, form, or bring into being: She does wonderful oil portraits.
- to translate into or change the form or language of: MGM did the book into a movie.
- to study or work at or in the field of: I have to do my math tonight.
- to explore or travel through as a sightseer: They did Greece in three weeks.
- (used with a pronoun, as it or that, or with a general noun, as thing, that refers to a previously mentioned action): You were supposed to write thank-you letters; do it before tomorrow, please.
- to wear out;
tire: That last set of tennis did me.
- to cheat, trick, or take advantage of: That crooked dealer did him for $500 at poker.
- to attend or participate in: Let's do lunch next week.
- to use (a drug or drugs), esp. habitually: The police report said he was doing cocaine.
- to act or conduct oneself;
be in action;
- to rob;
steal from: The law got him for doing a lot of banks.
- to proceed: to do wisely.
- to get along;
manage: to do without an automobile.
- to be in health, as specified: Mother and child are doing fine.
- to serve or be satisfactory, as for the purpose;
suffice: Will this do?
- to finish or be finished.
- to happen;
transpire: What's doing at the office?
- (used as a substitute to avoid repetition of a verb or full verb expression): I think as you do.
- (used in interrogative, negative, and inverted constructions): Do you like music? I don't care. Seldom do we witness such catastrophes.
- [Archaic.](used in imperatives with you or thou expressed;
and occasionally as a metric filler in verse): Do thou hasten to the king's side. The wind did blow, the rain did fall.
- (used to lend emphasis to a principal verb): Do visit us!
- do a number on (someone). See number (def. 27).
- do away with:
- to put an end to;
- to kill.
- do by, to deal with;
treat: He had always done well by his family.
- do for:
- to cause the defeat, ruin, or death of.
- [Chiefly Brit.]to cook and keep house for;
manage or provide for.
- do in, [Informal.]
- to kill, esp. to murder.
- to injure gravely or exhaust;
ruin: The tropical climate did them in.
- to cheat or swindle: He was done in by an unscrupulous broker.
- do one proud. See proud (def. 11).
- do one's number. See number (def. 28).
- do one's (own ) thing. See thing 1 (def. 17).
- do or die, to make a supreme effort.
- do out of, [Informal.]to swindle;
cheat: A furniture store did me out of several hundred dollars.
- do over, to redecorate.
- do time, [Informal.]to serve a term in prison: It's hard to get a decent job once you've done time.
- do to death. See death (def. 15).
- do up, [Informal.]
- to wrap and tie up.
- to pin up or arrange (the hair).
- to renovate;
- to wear out;
- to fasten: Do up your coat.
- to dress: The children were all done up in funny costumes.
- do with, to gain advantage or benefit from;
make use of: I could do with more leisure time.
- do without:
- to forgo;
- to dispense with the thing mentioned: The store doesn't have any, so you'll have to do without.
- have to do with. See have (def. 36).
- make do, to get along with what is at hand, despite its inadequacy: I can't afford a new coat so I have to make do with this one.
- a burst of frenzied activity;
- a hairdo or hair styling.
- a swindle;
- [Chiefly Brit.]a festive social gathering;
- dos and don'ts, customs, rules, or regulations: The dos and don'ts of polite manners are easy to learn.
Lowerlow•er1 (lō′ər),USA pronunciation v.t.
- to cause to descend;
let or put down: to lower a flag.
- to make lower in height or level: to lower the water in a canal.
- to reduce in amount, price, degree, force, etc.
- to make less loud: Please lower your voice.
- to bring down in rank or estimation;
abase (oneself ), as by some sacrifice of self-respect or dignity: His bad actions lowered him in my eyes.
- [Music.]to make lower in pitch;
- to alter the articulation of (a vowel) by increasing the distance of the tongue downward from the palate: The vowel of "clerk'' is lowered to(ä) in the British pronunciation.
- to become lower, grow less, or diminish, as in amount, intensity, or degree: The brook lowers in early summer. Stock prices rise and lower constantly.
- to descend;
sink: the sun lowering in the west.
- comparative of low 1.
- of or pertaining to those portions of a river farthest from the source.
- (often cap.) Stratig. noting an early division of a period, system, or the like: the Lower Devonian.
- a denture for the lower jaw.
- a lower berth.
Butbut1 (but; unstressed bət),USA pronunciation conj.
- on the contrary;
yet: My brother went, but I did not.
save: She was so overcome with grief she could do nothing but weep.
except that (fol. by a clause, often with that expressed): Nothing would do but that I should come in.
- without the circumstance that: It never rains but it pours.
- otherwise than: There is no hope but by prayer.
- that (used esp. after doubt, deny, etc., with a negative): I don't doubt but he will do it.
- who not;
that not: No leaders worthy of the name ever existed but they were optimists.
- (used as an intensifier to introduce an exclamatory expression): But she's beautiful!
- [Informal.]than: It no sooner started raining but it stopped.
- but what. See what (def. 31).
- with the exception of;
save: No one replied but me.
just: There is but one God.
- but for, except for;
were it not for: But for the excessive humidity, it might have been a pleasant day.
- buts, reservations or objections: You'll do as you're told, no buts about it.
Thatthat (ᵺat; unstressed ᵺət),USA pronunciation pron. and adj., pl.those;
- (used to indicate a person, thing, idea, state, event, time, remark, etc., as pointed out or present, mentioned before, supposed to be understood, or by way of emphasis): That is her mother. After that we saw each other.
- (used to indicate one of two or more persons, things, etc., already mentioned, referring to the one more remote in place, time, or thought;
opposed to this): This is my sister and that's my cousin.
- (used to indicate one of two or more persons, things, etc., already mentioned, implying a contrast or contradistinction;
opposed to this): This suit fits better than that.
- (used as the subject or object of a relative clause, esp. one defining or restricting the antecedent, sometimes replaceable by who, whom, or which): the horse that he bought.
- (used as the object of a preposition, with the preposition standing at the end of a relative clause): the farm that I spoke of.
- (used in various special or elliptical constructions): fool that he is.
- at that:
- in spite of something;
nevertheless: Although perhaps too elaborate, it seemed like a good plan at that.
- in addition;
besides: It was a long wait, and an exasperating one at that.
- that is, (by way of explanation, clarification, or an example);
more accurately: I read the book, that is, I read most of it.Also, that is to say.
- that's that, there is no more to be said or done;
that is finished: I'm not going, and that's that!
- with that, following that;
thereupon: With that, he turned on his heel and fled.
- (used to indicate a person, place, thing, or degree as indicated, mentioned before, present, or as well-known or characteristic): That woman is her mother. Those little mannerisms of hers make me sick.
- (used to indicate the more remote in time, place, or thought of two persons, things, etc., already mentioned;
opposed to this): This room is his and that one is mine.
- (used to imply mere contradistinction;
opposed to this): not this house, but that one.
- that way, [Informal.]in love or very fond of (usually fol. by about or for): The star and the director are that way. I'm that way about coffee.
- (used with adjectives and adverbs of quantity or extent) to the extent or degree indicated: that much; The fish was that big.
- to a great extent or degree;
very: It's not that important.
- [Dial.](used to modify an adjective or another adverb) to such an extent: He was that weak he could hardly stand.
- (used to introduce a subordinate clause as the subject or object of the principal verb or as the necessary complement to a statement made, or a clause expressing cause or reason, purpose or aim, result or consequence, etc.): I'm sure that you'll like it. That he will come is certain. Hold it up so that everyone can see it.
- (used elliptically to introduce an exclamation expressing desire, a wish, surprise, indignation, or other strong feeling): Oh, that I had never been born!
Isis (iz),USA pronunciation v.
- 3rd pers. sing. pres. indic. of be.
- as is. See as 1 (def. 21).
Andand (and; unstressed ənd, ən, or, esp. after a homorganic consonant, n),USA pronunciation conj.
- (used to connect grammatically coordinate words, phrases, or clauses) along or together with;
as well as;
in addition to;
moreover: pens and pencils.
- added to;
plus: 2 and 2 are 4.
- then: He read for an hour and went to bed.
- also, at the same time: to sleep and dream.
- then again;
repeatedly: He coughed and coughed.
- (used to imply different qualities in things having the same name): There are bargains and bargains, so watch out.
- (used to introduce a sentence, implying continuation) also;
then: And then it happened.
- [Informal.]to (used between two finite verbs): Try and do it. Call and see if she's home yet.
- (used to introduce a consequence or conditional result): He felt sick and decided to lie down for a while. Say one more word about it and I'll scream.
on the contrary: He tried to run five miles and couldn't. They said they were about to leave and then stayed for two more hours.
- (used to connect alternatives): He felt that he was being forced to choose between his career and his family.
- (used to introduce a comment on the preceding clause): They don't like each other--and with good reason.
- [Archaic.]if: and you please.Cf. an2.
- and so forth, and the like;
et cetera: We discussed traveling, sightseeing, and so forth.
- and so on, and more things or others of a similar kind;
and the like: It was a summer filled with parties, picnics, and so on.
- an added condition, stipulation, detail, or particular: He accepted the job, no ands or buts about it.
- conjunction (def. 5b).
Holdhold1 (hōld),USA pronunciation v., held;
held or (Archaic) hold•en;
- to have or keep in the hand;
grasp: She held the purse in her right hand. He held the child's hand in his.
- to set aside;
reserve or retain: to hold merchandise until called for; to hold a reservation.
- to bear, sustain, or support, as with the hands or arms, or by any other means.
- to keep in a specified state, relation, etc.: The preacher held them spellbound.
- to detain: The police held him at the station house.
- to engage in;
carry on: to hold a meeting.
- to keep back from action;
restrain: Fear held him from acting.
- to have the ownership or use of;
keep as one's own;
occupy: to hold political office.
- to contain or be capable of containing: This bottle holds a quart.
- to bind or make accountable to an obligation: We will hold you to your promise to pay back the money.
- to have or keep in the mind;
think or believe: We hold this belief.
- to regard or consider: to hold a person responsible.
- to decide legally.
- to consider of a certain value;
rate: We held her best of all the applicants.
- to keep forcibly, as against an adversary: Enemy forces held the hill.
- to point, aim, or direct: He held a gun on the prisoner. The firefighter held a hose on the blaze.
- to sustain (a note, chord, or rest).
- to omit from the usual order or combination: Give me a burger well-done—hold the pickle.
- to remain or continue in a specified state, relation, etc.: Hold still while I take your picture.
- to remain fast;
cling: Will this button hold?
- to keep or maintain a grasp on something.
- to maintain one's position against opposition;
continue in resistance.
- to agree or side (usually fol. by with): to hold with new methods.
- to hold property by some tenure;
derive title (usually fol. by by, from, in, or of ).
- to remain attached, faithful, or steadfast (usually fol. by to): to hold to one's purpose.
- to remain valid;
be in force: The rule does not hold.
- to refrain or forbear (usually used imperatively).
- hold back:
- to restrain or check: Police held back the crowd.
- to retain possession of;
keep back: He held back ten dollars.
- to refrain from revealing;
withhold: to hold back information.
- to refrain from participating or engaging in some activity: He held back from joining in the singing because he felt depressed.
- dodge (def. 2).
- hold down:
- to restrain;
check: Hold down that noise!
- to continue to hold and manage well: She held down that job for years.
- hold forth:
- to extend or offer;
- to talk at great length;
harangue: When we left, he was still holding forth on World War II.
- hold in:
- to restrain;
- to contain oneself;
exercise restraint: He was raging inside, but held himself in for fear of saying something he would regret.
- hold off:
- to keep at a distance;
- to postpone action;
defer: If you hold off applying for a passport, you may not get one in time.
- hold on:
- to keep a firm grip on.
- to keep going;
- to maintain, as one's opinion or position.
- to stop;
halt (usually used imperatively): Hold on now! That isn't what I meant at all.
- to keep a telephone connection open by not hanging up the receiver: The operator asked us to hold on while the number we'd dialed was being checked.
- hold one's own. See own (def. 5).
- hold one's peace. See peace (def. 12).
- hold one's tongue. See tongue (def. 25).
- hold out:
- to present;
- to stretch forth;
extend: Hold out your hand.
- to continue to exist;
last: Will the food hold out?
- to refuse to yield or submit: The defenders held out for weeks.
- to withhold something expected or due: He was suspected of holding out information important to the case.
- hold over:
- to keep for future consideration or action;
- to remain in possession or in office beyond the regular term.
- to remain beyond the arranged period: The movie was held over for a week.
- to prolong (a tone) from one measure to the next.
- hold up:
- to offer;
give: She held up his father as an example to follow.
- to present to notice;
expose: to hold someone up to ridicule.
- to hinder;
delay: The plane's departure was held up because of the storm.
- to stop by force in order to rob.
- to support;
uphold: to hold up farm prices.
- to stop;
halt: They held up at the gate.
- to maintain one's position or condition;
endure: They held up through all their troubles.
- hold water. See water (def. 17).
- hold with:
- to be in agreement with;
concur with: I don't hold with his pessimistic views.
- to approve of;
condone: They won't hold with such a travesty of justice.
- an act of holding fast by a grasp of the hand or by some other physical means;
grip: Take hold. Do you have a hold on the rope?
- something to hold a thing by, as a handle;
something to grasp, esp. for support.
- something that holds fast or supports something else.
- an order reserving something: to put a hold on a library book.
- [Finance.]a security purchased or recommended for long-term growth.
- a controlling force or dominating influence: to have a hold on a person.
- [Wrestling.]a method of seizing an opponent and keeping him in control: a toe hold.
- a pause or delay, as in a continuing series: a hold in the movements of a dance.
- a prison or prison cell.
- a receptacle for something: a basket used as a hold for letters.
- a halt in the prelaunch countdown, either planned or unexpectedly called, to allow correction of one or more faults in the rocket or missile.
- a fortified place;
- (on telephones with two or more lines) a feature that enables a person to maintain a connection on one line while answering another line.
- get hold of:
- to get a hold on: Get hold of the railing.
- to communicate with, esp. by telephone: If she's not at home, try to get hold of her at the office.
- no holds barred, without limits, rules, or restraints.
- on hold:
- in or into a state of temporary interruption or suspension: The project will be put on hold until funds become available.
- in or into a state of temporary interruption in a telephone connection: I'm putting you on hold to answer another call.Cf. call waiting.
Youyou (yo̅o̅; unstressed yŏŏ, yə),USA pronunciation pron., poss. your or yours, obj. you, pl. you;
n., pl. yous.
- the pronoun of the second person singular or plural, used of the person or persons being addressed, in the nominative or objective case: You are the highest bidder. It is you who are to blame. We can't help you. This package came for you. Did she give you the book?
people in general: a tiny animal you can't even see.
- (used in apposition with the subject of a sentence, sometimes repeated for emphasis following the subject): You children pay attention. You rascal, you!
- [Informal.](used in place of the pronoun your before a gerund): There's no sense in you getting upset.
yourselves: Get you home. Make you ready.
- a pl. form of the pronoun ye.
- something or someone closely identified with or resembling the person addressed: Don't buy the bright red shirt—it just isn't you. It was like seeing another you.
- the nature or character of the person addressed: Try to discover the hidden you.
Hi guys, this image is about After Using The Seats For A Good Amount Of Time, They Are Beyond Comfortable Being A Bucket Seat. They Do Sit Lower But That Is Expected And They Hold You . (ordinary Comfortable Bucket Seats Nice Look #8). This attachment is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this file is 881 x 588. It's file size is only 70 KB. If You want to download This blog post to Your PC, you should Click here. You may too see more images by clicking the following photo or see more at here: Comfortable Bucket Seats.
The issue of global warming along with the prevention of illegal logging significantly being echoed in our ears. Furthermore, as a warm country that likewise competed a job whilst the lungs of the planet and a task. But what electricity if its citizenry does not, or less-friendly for the atmosphere? of alternative components, including After Using The Seats For A Good Amount Of Time, They Are Beyond Comfortable Being A Bucket Seat. They Do Sit Lower But That Is Expected And They Hold You . (ordinary Comfortable Bucket Seats Nice Look #8), less utilization as an example.
Unique multipurpose rack can be had from bamboo. Wooden planks fixed within the type of the bamboo seem contemporary having a stream but nevertheless there are shades-of inspired and distinctive. Sundries decor occupancy of the next bamboo partition. When the partition is usually derived from bamboo, arranged irregularly and deliberately in the impression of bamboo are created entire. Incorporate lamps that are yellow in the bottom to produce extraordinary outcomes and environment.
To become experienced and more experienced employ bamboo, notice your house is decorated by hint sundries with bamboo subsequent editorial-style. Bamboo is associated with standard resources which might be less contemporary. Maybe this can be a very important factor which makes a great deal of people 'contemporary' who WOn't use bamboo. In the palms of the mind that was innovative, bamboo could be converted into ornamental and furniture.
Consistency bamboo on the bathroom's surfaces is created just partly, not fully. Accent wall was effectively become a center point while in the toilet of the present day fashion that is racial. Homes that are green, and definitely ideal for locations with exotic environment like Malaysia, the roof of After Using The Seats For A Good Amount Of Time, They Are Beyond Comfortable Being A Bucket Seat. They Do Sit Lower But That Is Expected And They Hold You . (ordinary Comfortable Bucket Seats Nice Look #8). You should not be worried about power and the toughness of bamboo ceiling, as a result of advanced-technology of bamboo might be preserved and will be durable.
After Using The Seats For A Good Amount Of Time, They Are Beyond Comfortable Being A Bucket Seat. They Do Sit Lower But That Is Expected And They Hold You . (ordinary Comfortable Bucket Seats Nice Look #8) framed supply and mirror by color could be a modern ornaments that are decorative that are ethnic. Although a straightforward design, towel tray manufactured from bamboo, such as for example within the photograph above does not appear traditional, actually. Its minimalistic layout, merged with a contemporary minimalism that is interior. Once we understand, the bamboo-portion with its ends closed. Finishes that were sealed can be utilized as planting medium that was pure. Just require expertise and dexterity, then be potted seed of bamboo.